Join our team. We’re hiring!
Valley Educational Associates offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits package with generous vacation time, mileage reimbursement, including your birthday off and casual Fridays. Apply today!
Job Coach / Direct Care Staff
The positions to be filled are full-time, M-F, 8:30-4:30.
Job Coach Responsibilities :
- On-the-job and hands-on training and support to developmentally disabled workers on-site as well as within integrated job site placements
- Assisting the individual to be an active participant in workplace culture and/or community integrated setting
- Advocating for integrated relations between the employer and consumers at their workplace
- Utilizing task analysis techniques to provide effective training programs
- Providing social, leisure and recreational activities as called for.
- Providing transportation to and from job sites and/or community outings with company and/or personal vehicle, as assigned
- Accurately recording and submitting consumer payroll, as needed
- Developing weekly schedules for those individuals in their objective manager case load and measuring their progress by producing related daily, weekly, and monthly reports, as needed
- Utilizing approved behavior management plans, as approved by the clinical team, to ensure and teach appropriate conduct in the workplace and community setting
- Providing agency-approved ANV restraint techniques, as needed.
- Providing direct care to individuals as required. Duties may include, but are not limited to, assistance with feeding, toileting, and other personal hygiene needs, as needed.
- Participating actively as a team member in the daily functions of the program (i.e. cleaning and maintenance of work area and offices, participation in team projects, etc.)
Job Coach Qualifications & Requirements:
- Medication Administration Program (MAP) certification is required once hired
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, and vehicle insurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience working with a developmentally disabled or similar population in a vocational or rehabilitation setting and/or relevant industrial background
- Ability to demonstrate compassion for the client population
- Data entry and math skills for entering client payroll
- Ability to remain calm in highly stressful situations
We are seeking an experienced, full-time clinician to join our clinical team, who is committed to learning and applying the behavioral model. Each VEA clinician maintains a treatment caseload and participates in service planning, case consultation, and peer review. A master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling psychology, or an advanced degree in applied behavior analysis is required. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, team-driven candidate with 3 – 5 years of experience working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disorders and co-morbid behavioral/mental/health complications.
The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30. Only responses with resumes and a cover letter will be considered. Our clinicians collaborate in serving all three of our sites located in the Pioneer Valley, so willingness and ability to travel is required. For this reason, candidates must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance.
- Maintaining a caseload and providing direct care services to consumers, including but not limited to counseling, relaxation therapy, and cognitive/behavioral strategies
- Designing and monitoring implementation of behavioral interventions as needed and in compliance with DDS regulations and formats
- Training, instruction, and support via clinical consultations for program staff in implementation of vocational and behavioral services and behavioral interventions
- Ensuring that consumers are coached and instructed per individualized behavior plans
- Ensuring the safety of the site and the safety and well–being of all consumers
- Participating in ISP, clinical, and psychiatric meetings as necessary for the assigned caseload
- Preparing various documentation related to the assigned caseload, as needed
- Maintaining compliance with all Massachusetts state regulations applicable to the behavioral health services we provide
- Collaborating with and supporting other members of the clinical team
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling psychology, or applied behavioral analysis
- Licensing in the appropriate discipline
- Several years of work experience while licensed
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disorders and Co-morbid behavioral/mental/health complications
- Familiarity with Massachusetts state regulation related to behavioral services
Click here to apply
For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Valley Educational Associates, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 46
Hatfield, MA 01038
Fax: (413) 349-4122
No phone calls.