Join our team. We’re hiring!
Valley Educational Associates offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits package with generous vacation time, mileage reimbursement, including your birthday off and casual Fridays. Apply today!
Job Coach / Direct Care Staff
The positions to be filled are full-time, M-F, 8:30-4:30.
Job Coach Responsibilities :
- On-the-job and hands-on training and support to developmentally disabled workers on-site as well as within integrated job site placements
- Assisting the individual to be an active participant in workplace culture and/or community integrated setting
- Advocating for integrated relations between the employer and consumers at their workplace
- Utilizing task analysis techniques to provide effective training programs
- Providing social, leisure and recreational activities as called for.
- Providing transportation to and from job sites and/or community outings with company and/or personal vehicle, as assigned
- Accurately recording and submitting consumer payroll, as needed
- Developing weekly schedules for those individuals in their objective manager case load and measuring their progress by producing related daily, weekly, and monthly reports, as needed
- Utilizing approved behavior management plans, as approved by the clinical team, to ensure and teach appropriate conduct in the workplace and community setting
- Providing agency-approved ANV restraint techniques, as needed.
- Providing direct care to individuals as required. Duties may include, but are not limited to, assistance with feeding, toileting, and other personal hygiene needs, as needed.
- Participating actively as a team member in the daily functions of the program (i.e. cleaning and maintenance of work area and offices, participation in team projects, etc.)
Job Coach Qualifications & Requirements:
- Medication Administration Program (MAP) certification is required once hired
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, and vehicle insurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience working with a developmentally disabled or similar population in a vocational or rehabilitation setting and/or relevant industrial background
- Ability to demonstrate compassion for the client population
- Data entry and math skills for entering client payroll
- Ability to remain calm in highly stressful situations
Clinical Services Supervisor
We are currently accepting applications for an experienced, full-time Clinical Services Supervisor to lead our team of clinicians in serving all three of our sites located in the Pioneer Valley. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, team driven candidate, with 7 – 10 years of experience working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disorders and Co-morbid behavioral/mental/health complications.
The position will be full-time, M-F, 8:30am – 5:00pm. Driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance are required. This position requires travel.
Clinical Services Supervisor Core Responsibilities:
- Oversee and administer individual behavior treatment programs
- Ensure consumers are coached and instructed per behavior plans
- Supervise team of clinicians and conduct clinical meetings at least monthly
- Training of staff in behavioral methods
- Ensure the safety of the site and the safety and wellbeing of all consumers
- Maintain a caseload and provide individual and/or group counseling/training
- Organize and coordinate peer review services
- Interface and collaborate with the Human Rights Committee
- Maintain an effective data tracking and evaluation program for both individuals and the agency as a whole
- Maintain compliance with all Massachusetts state regulations applicable to the behavioral health services we provide
- Liaise with and report to the Board of Directors as needed
Clinical Services Supervisor Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Mileage reimbursement
- SIMPLE IRA plan with company sponsorship
- Paid holidays plus a birthday holiday
- Paid vacation and paid sick time
Clinical Services Supervisor Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or PHD in social work, psychology, or a related field
- Licensing in the appropriate discipline
- Several years of work experience while licensed
- 7 – 10 years of experience working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disorders and Co-morbid behavioral/mental/health complications
- Leadership experience
- Fluency with all Massachusetts state regulation related to behavioral services
We are currently accepting applications for an experienced, full-time administrative assistant for our corporate office in Hatfield, MA.
The administrative assistant is an ambassador to all who enter the corporate office. This person is responsible for all administrative task requests, i.e. copying, typing, mailing, faxing, creating spreadsheet systems, and performing data entry into systems as required. The administrative assistant is the primary person answering the phone and routing calls to the appropriate departments. The ideal candidate is a courteous, responsible self-starter with a high level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Primary person on phone duty
- Completing twice daily mail runs to the post office
- Maintaining all client files to include updated client medication sheets, updated EFS (Emergency Fact Sheets) and client contact lists for sites
- Maintaining updated agency rosters
- Collecting site-specific data from our three locations, and updating the computer once received
- Creating client payroll cover sheets
- Taking minutes at weekly administrative staff meetings
- Assisting staff with duties involving the maintenance of ISP reports
- Assist staff with many tasks involving the accuracy of client payroll processing, and working closely with the finance department on this process.
- Tracking and preparing reports requested by the Social Security Administration for clients
- Sending out monthly client wage reports prepared by the senior financial administrator
- Assisting in yearly mailings (Human Rights, guardian surveys, HIPAA, holiday cards, etc.)
- Performing weekly backups of the administrative computer
- Assisting the administrative team with QUEST preparations
- Preparing monthly clinical calendars
- Maintaining Level II Behavior Plan documents and sign-off sheets
- Ordering agency supplies and researching for the best price available
- Assisting the executive assistant with social media updates and event planning
Administrative Assistant Qualifications & Requirements:
- Associate’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of office or administrative work required
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance required
- Ability and willingness to travel between sites as needed
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Fluency with Microsoft Office required
For immediate consideration, please sent your cover letter and resume to:
Valley Educational Associates, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 46, Hatfield, MA 01038
Fax: (413) 349-4122 or
No phone calls.
Note: Please do not use the simple contact form on our site to contact us about job openings.