Join our team. We’re hiring!
Valley Educational Associates offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits package with generous vacation time, mileage reimbursement, including your birthday off and casual Fridays. Apply today!
Job Coach / Direct Care Staff
The positions to be filled are full-time, M-F, 8:30-4:30.
Job Coach Responsibilities :
- On-the-job and hands-on training and support to developmentally disabled workers on-site as well as within integrated job site placements
- Assisting the individual to be an active participant in workplace culture and/or community integrated setting
- Advocating for integrated relations between the employer and consumers at their workplace
- Utilizing task analysis techniques to provide effective training programs
- Providing social, leisure and recreational activities as called for.
- Providing transportation to and from job sites and/or community outings with company and/or personal vehicle, as assigned
- Accurately recording and submitting consumer payroll, as needed
- Developing weekly schedules for those individuals in their objective manager case load and measuring their progress by producing related daily, weekly, and monthly reports, as needed
- Utilizing approved behavior management plans, as approved by the clinical team, to ensure and teach appropriate conduct in the workplace and community setting
- Providing agency-approved ANV restraint techniques, as needed.
- Providing direct care to individuals as required. Duties may include, but are not limited to, assistance with feeding, toileting, and other personal hygiene needs, as needed.
- Participating actively as a team member in the daily functions of the program (i.e. cleaning and maintenance of work area and offices, participation in team projects, etc.)
Job Coach Qualifications & Requirements:
- Medication Administration Program (MAP) certification is required once hired
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, and vehicle insurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience working with a developmentally disabled or similar population in a vocational or rehabilitation setting and/or relevant industrial background
- Ability to demonstrate compassion for the client population
- Data entry and math skills for entering client payroll
- Ability to remain calm in highly stressful situations
For immediate consideration, please sent your cover letter and resume to:
Valley Educational Associates, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 46, Hatfield, MA 01038
Fax: (413) 349-4122 or
No phone calls.
Note: Please do not use the simple contact form on our site to contact us about job openings.